Jamie MacGregor, BSc (PT), BSc (Kin), CHT
Jamie MacGregor is a Physiotherapist and Certified Hand Therapist. A partner in Priest Valley Manual Therapy Centre and owner of Okanagan Hand Therapy in Vernon, B.C., Jamie has been working in private practice orthopaedics for the past 14 years, with an emphasis on hand and upper extremity rehabilitation over the past 8 years.
Jamie has been a member of the PABC Business Affairs Committee and WorkSafeBC liaison for the past four years. As PABC-WorkSafeBC liaison, Jamie works with physiotherapists and WorkSafeBC officers in addressing treatment model concerns, developing stronger relationships between physiotherapists and WorkSafeBC, and developing new treatment models for injured workers. Jamie is currently involved in the WorkSafeBC-Fraser Health Authority-PABC combined pilot study on shoulder injuries.
Workshop session: A New Approach to Managing Workplace Shoulder Injuries: concepts, construct and early findings from the WorkSafeBC-Fraser Health Authority-PABC Shoulder Pilot Project
The learning objectives are:
- To identify the driving factors for establishing a new treatment and management model for shoulder injuries
- To understand the key concepts incorporated in the new approach to treatment and management of these injuries
- To outline the clinical care map and treatment team members of the model
- To review early findings/outcomes from the pilot study
- To discuss the future potential/utilization of this treatment model